Thursday, April 29, 2010

Our beautiful Lex

I have decided to change this blog up a little because people don't understand what the family goes through living with a person with asperger's. You may know or not but we have a wonderful daughter who is going to be 8 here in a few days. She is a joy and puts up with alot from her little brother. They do go through there normal brother sister fights and they do get along good. She is such a good sister and understands Issac sometimes better than Joe and I do. Lex is very patient with him and tries to teach him it is so cute how she brings us report cards for him. I am learning that I have to have alone time with her and make sure she is handling everything good. For the most part she is but it tore me up when she said "mommy I am tired of getting hit all the time" I really didn't know what to say just that mommy and daddy are trying hard to get people to understand and help us. I completely understand how this can effect a family and why divorce is so high because of these situations. My family is a God loving family and I know for a fact without God in our lives this would have broken us apart but we are lucky and it makes a family stronger everyday gives us more of a desire to stay focused on God. I am great full my mom is there for us and on really hard days takes him and she just knows how to joke and be cool with him. Thanks Mom we love you!!

1 comment:

  1. I didn't see a "Contact Me" section so I thought I would try a comment. I'd like to introduce you to Voices of Sensory Processing Disorder. This is a community website where bloggers can share their experiences, victories, tips and everyday challenges with others. As you know, many kids with Aspergers have sensory issues as well.

    We’d love to share your writing. Please visit us at www.voicesofsensoryprocessingdisorder.com to learn more. I do hope you'll join us. Happy blogging!

    Jennifer Hughes
    Voices of Sensory Processing Disorder

    ReplyDelete